How are carers who care for their disabled relatives affected by Brexit?

EEA nationals who provide care for their disabled family members – many are disabled British people – are often unable to assert the right to reside because the UK Home Office does not consider them as working persons exercising treaty rights. They can’t apply for a permanent residence card which means that they can’t apply for British citizenship. The AIRE centre has published a detailed statement on the situation of EU carers in the UK.