I’m disabled / a carer. Where can I get legal advice?

Facebook group UKCEN

UKCEN is a Facebook group which helps EEA citizens and their families to apply for permanent residence and British citizenship. There are several lawyers in the group who give advice for free and answer general questions. The group has an extensive FAQ and several topic-related documents in the group files, which you should read first before posting.

AIRE Centre

The AIRE Centre is a specialist charity whose mission is to promote awareness of European law rights and assist marginalised individuals and those in vulnerable circumstances to assert those rights.

The Law Centre Network

Law Centres work within their communities to defend the legal rights of local people. Specialising in social welfare law, they have an in-depth knowledge of the issues communities face.
Law Centres offer legal advice, casework and representation to individuals and groups. All Law Centres are independent and operate on a not-for-profit basis.

The East European Resource Centre

The East European Resource Centre offers information, advice and help with forms regarding residence, citizenship, applying for British passports for naturalised Eastern Europeans and registration of Eastern European children as British citizens.

Your Europe Advice

Your Europe Advice is an EU advice service provided by legal experts operating under contract with the European Commission. It consists of a team of about 60 lawyers who cover all 24 official EU languages and are familiar both with EU law and national laws in all EU countries. Your Europe Advice replies to questions from citizens or businesses on their personal EU rights. The experts respond to the questions within one week, free of charge and in the language chosen by the user.

Immigration advisors and solicitors

Immigration advisers can help you to fill in the right forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers and makes sure they meet certain standards.

You can also find immigration advisers through:

The Law Society if you live in England or Wales
The Law Society of Scotland
The Law Society of Northern Ireland

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *